Austrian Eco Label for Green Meetings
An ever greater degree of sensitivity for responsible interaction with the natural environment in one’s personal life is just as important in the events industry. It’s for this reason that Congress Messe Innsbruck, as a licensee of the Austrian Eco Label, offers you the opportunity to have your event certificated as a “Green Meeting”.
Instead of causing mountains of trash and traffic jams, “Green Meetings” make a difference with their increased energy efficiency, avoidance of waste and environmentally friendly travel for guests to and from the event. Regional added value and social responsibility are also central aspects.
The Austrian Eco Label for “Green Meetings” with which Congress Messe Innsbruck can certificate your event is an internationally recognized seal of approval indicating to the wider world the organizer’s environmentally friendly management and social responsibility. The conservation of nature is at the heart of things without, however, neglecting the wellbeing of participants and staff.
This progressive way of thinking and acting is reflected in complying with a comprehensive catalogue of criteria containing the following central points:
- Provision of environmentally friendly travel to and from the event
- Mobility at the venue and CO2 reduction
- Environmentally friendly accommodation
- Energy efficient events location
- Environmentally friendly sourcing of materials
- Regional, eco and fair-trade focused catering
- Material and waste management
- Social aspects and communication